woensdag 25 juni 2008

Miltonduff + Imperial - Daily Dram



Tasting two Daily Dram bottlings in the church:

1) Mille Tonnes D'oeufs (Miltonduff), 8 yrs, 46%


Color: Chenin blanc (white whine).
Nose: Oh, this is just the best I nosed today! Roses and flowers... Give me some more! Reminds me of a great Rosebank... that's good news in my opinion. Let it be for a while they said behind the stand... oh yes I will do that every time I poor this in one of my glasses. (Bought the bottle directly after tasting it... and truly that's the first time around!) Only for the nose you should buy this bottle. Develops on apples, citrusfruits, cactus, melon and apple peel. I think I never nosed such a great whisky... Please: whatever you do... nose this great bottle!
Taste: Soft water with roses. Sparkling. Sweet herbs and spices, and some vanilla in the middle. Teaspoon of pepper in the back. This is great stuff!
Aftertaste: Medium long finish with fresh citruslike herbs and roseleaves...
Score: 95.
Remarks: Not so expensive if you might think. Only 33 euros. I would really like to try this one at cask strength sometime... The score might be even higher I'm guessing...

2nd tasting: Still the same as the above, even a whole week later... Very nice made whisky!
Score: 95.



2) Lime Pair (Imperial), 11 yrs, 46%

Color: Light applejuice.
Nose: Granny Smith's apples, soft and sweet, sour, toilets, dried fruits and some citrus notes.
Taste: Sweet and soft but quite spicy and hot. Really rippes your gums... Sweetness becomes heather.
Aftertaste: Sweet, apples and pears. Citrussy peels all over the place.
Score: 75.

Geen opmerkingen: